How to apply for a first home owner’s grant for an expat?
There are two options when applying for your first home owners grant in Australia;
1) Apply through an “approved agent” which is the bank providing your mortgage
2) Download the application form and lodge it yourself with the Australian government
The 1st home owners grant is available once you have purchased your property and settlement is complete. The grant differs depending on the Australian state.
NSW First Home Owners Grant
- $15,000 grant for new homes purchased for $650,000 or less.
- Stamp duty exemptions on new homes valued up to $550,000 and vacant land up to $350,000
- Stamp duty concessions for new homes valued between $550,000 and $650,000 and vacant land valued between $350,000 and $450,000
Western Australia First Home Owners Grant
- $10,000 grant for a new home or $3,000 for an established home for $750,000 or less.
Queensland First Home Owners Grant
- $15,000 grant for new homes purchased for $750,000 or less.
NT First Home Owners Grant
- $25,000 grant for new homes or any home in a regional area purchased for $750,000 or less.
- $12,000 for established homes in an urban area for $600,000 or less.
South Australia First Home Owners Grant
- $15,000 grant for a new home for $575,000 or less.
Victoria First Home Owners Grant
- Grant up to $10,000 for a new home for $575,000 or less.
ACT First Home Owners Grant
- $12,500 for a new home or substantial renovated home.
Tasmania First Home Owners Grant
- $7,000 for a new home.
For additional information; please contact www.expatriatehomeloans.com.au who provide the whole expat home loan service at no obligation or cost.
Tags: first home owners grant, FHOG, 1st home owners grant australia